The Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation (MSRDC) is going to undertake the expansion of joint replacement work of the Sion flyover bridge. Due to said work, the vehicular traffic on the Sion flyover bridge will be diverted, as per Mumbai Traffic Police. The following traffic regulations will be made effective between November 26, 2022 to January 30, 2023, on every weekend Saturday from 5 pm to every Monday till 6 am on a temporary basis.
Diversion Available: – North Bound [Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Road]
1. Heavy vehicles coming from Mumbai Dock or South Mumbai shall take a right turn from Arora Junction towards Four Lane Road, take a right turn for Wadala Bridge, Barkat Ali Naka, Chhatrapati Shivaji Chowk, Barkat Ali Dargah Road [Sewree-Chembur Lind Road] Bhakti Park-Wadala-Anik Depot road and shall proceed by Ahuja bridge towards Thane or New Mumbai.
2 Heavy vehicles coming from South Mumbai towards Arora Junction didn’t have a right turn; however, by this order, a right turn is provided.
3. Heavy vehicles coming from Mazgaon Reay Road Kalachowki by Four lane Road shall take a left turn Under Wadala Bridge and shall proceed towards Barkat Ali Naka, Shanti Nagar, Bhakti Park, Anik Depot, Ahuja Bridge and towards Thane& New Mumbai.
4. Vehicles coming from Bombay Port Trust or South Mumbai via BPT road shall go by Shiwari Link Road- Wadala Anik Depot -Ahuja Bridge, towards Thane &New Mumbai.
5. Vehicles coming towards Sion Hospital Junction Should take a left turn at Sion Hospital Junction and go by Sulochana Shetty Marg to go towards Mahim and Bandra.
6. Heavy vehicles that were taking a left turn from Sion Circle to go towards road No-6 (R.L. Kelkar Marg) should take a left turn at Deshpande Chowk & shall go towards Sion railway station, L.B.S.road towards Kurla west or Bandra.
7. Heavy Vehicles coming from Mahim Kumbharwada towards Sion hospital junction shall take right turn to go towards M.G.Road-four lane road-right turn at Wadala Bridge to go towards Barkat ali, Shanti Nagar, Bhakti park Anik Depot, Ahuja Bridge & to go towards Thane &New Mumbai.
News today: Mid-day